Board votes to withdraw offer to Graves
Judge issues order blocking hiring of Graves
Lawsuit filed to stop hiring of Graves
King’s message resurrected
School board to meet on superintendent on Tuesday
- Judge issues order blocking hiring of Graves - 2:43 pm updated: 2:49 pm.
- Lawsuit filed to stop hiring of Graves - 11:05 am
- Fairmont man charged in murder - 9:54 am
- King’s message resurrected - 8:34 am
- NC seeking path to Medicaid expansion - 7:15 am
- Cooper: Talks to repeal HB2 continue - 7:07 am
- Show to shoot second series in Wilmington - 7:01 am
- County moves meeting to Tuesday - 8:38 am
- Locals weigh in on Obama - 4:27 pm
- Fairmont honors King on Monday - 8:21 am
- Ruling means tribe can seek recognition through Interior Department - 6:13 pm
- Crime report - 4:37 pm
- $2.2B available to vets for toxic-water claims - 4:35 pm
- Cooper makes pick to manage Medicaid - 4:08 pm
- Suspected bank robber jailed - 3:38 pm updated: 4:52 pm.
- Rowland bank robbed, suspect in custody - 1:44 pm
- Hiring violated policy - 10:02 am
- Chavis urges St. Pauls board to defeat Smith - 9:21 am
- St. Pauls to require landlord registrations - 9:00 am
- View Story - 7:34 am
- Fiance charged in woman’s murder - 7:29 am
- Cooper outspent McCrory by $7.5M - 7:26 am
- Two event honor King on Monday - 7:23 am updated: 9:21 am.
- Legislators want Trump to kill wind farm - 7:20 am
- Cooper tabs Copeland to lead Commerce - 7:06 am
Fairmont honors King on Monday
FAIRMONT — Robeson County residents on Monday have the chance to honor the life of slain civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King during a nat...
Ruling means tribe can seek recognition through Interior Department
PEMBROKE — The Lumbee Tribe can now pursue federal recognition through the federal Department of Interior’s petition process, but the chai...
Break-insDarrin Locklear, of Booker Street in Lumberton, reported his home was broken into and $800 worth of electronics were stolen.Ray Locklear, of ...
$2.2B available to vets for toxic-water claims
WASHINGTON — After years of waiting, veterans who were exposed to contaminated drinking water while assigned to Camp Lejeune in North Carolina m...
Cooper makes pick to manage Medicaid
RALEIGH — A top administrator of President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul will lead the department that manages Medicaid in North Car...
Suspected bank robber jailed
ROWLAND — A Fairmont man wanted for robbing a bank earlier this month in his hometown is in the county jail today after being caught shortly aft...
Fairmont boys stay perfect, Lady Mustangs bounce back
Williams posts double-double as Fairmont boys stay perfectBehind a double-double from Alshaquan Williams, the Fairmont boys basketball team claimed an...
UNC beats Wake despite poor shooting
CHAPEL HILL — North Carolina got away with Marcus Paige having one of his lowest-scoring games because Brice Johnson came through with one of hi...
Pirates, Rams win wrestling events
LUMBERTON — Robeson County had all three of its wrestling teams in action on Wednesday night, with Lumberton and Purnell Swett earning top honor...
Rising to the occasion
ROWLAND — With his team facing a deficit heading into the fourth quarter, Red Springs coach Steve Sinclair pulled his starting guards to the sid...
McGirt off to best start of PGA Tour career
William McGirt is off to the best start of his PGA Tour career as he continues his sixth full season.Despite a lack of practice and time away from the...
Robeson County Schools postpone Friday basketball games
Jeff Fipps, Robeson County’s director of athletics, announced on Wednesday that all high school basketball games scheduled for Friday have been ...
You should never say you wish for more time to read
How many times have you used the phrase “I wish I had more time to (fill in the blank)”? In my case, I frequently say, “I wish I had...
Resolutions for new year about change for the better
With this being New Year’s Day, 45 percent of Americans will make resolutions. But only 8 percent are successful in achieving their goals. Since...
Red Springs Rotary donates toys to children in ER
Representatives from Southeastern Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Department are pictured with toys donated recently by the Red Springs Rota...
Robeson County Bridges for Families program honored for excellence
PINEHURST — Robeson County’s Bridges for Families program, a function of Eastpointe, recently was recognized with a Programs of Excellence...
Concert to benefit arts in local schools to feature renown gospel singer Kelle Brown
LUMBERTON — The Robeson County Arts Council will present a special concert on Friday to benefit the arts in the county schools after Hurricane M...