Disney delight for cancer victim
Alleged drug kingpin denied bond
Rowland mayor resigns
Taking a cruise in Pembroke
Bill asks $750,000 for Southeastern North Carolina Agricultural Events Center
- Disney delight for cancer victim - 7:28 am
- Arthur to present gardening program - 7:05 pm
- Between flood, late freeze, plants may be stressed - 12:15 pm
- Walk raises $3,2oo for MS fight - 7:59 am
- Alleged drug kingpin denied bond - 7:31 am
- Rowland mayor resigns - 7:12 pm updated: 10:51 am.
- Parker earns RE/MAX award - 9:03 pm
- Taking a cruise in Pembroke - 7:12 pm
- Purnell Swett High School’s JROTC Team to compete in Washington - 1:17 pm
- Cooper to speak at Committee of 100 event - 9:13 am
- Students earn honors for spelling - 8:49 am
- Bass published in national journal - 8:43 am
- UNC Pembroke’s ‘Day of Giving’ nets record 567 donations in 24 hours - 8:34 am
- Matthew victims struggle to find rental housing - 5:20 pm
- Florita now a senior officer for Pembroke - 4:51 pm updated: 5:07 pm.
- Drug drop-off set for Friday - 3:07 pm
- RCC, county enjoy dinner date - 8:35 am updated: 9:22 am.
- County wins $1M to expand water plant to serve St. Pauls - 8:24 am
- View Story - 7:03 am
- Bill puts Carolina bay in park system - 8:41 am
- Schools get stuck with $15K bill for attorney’s fee - 8:12 am updated: 8:13 am.
- Payne killer admits her guilt - 7:43 am
- Fairmont sees delay in receiving FEMA money - 8:07 am updated: 8:08 am.
- Crossing helped planned at Lumberton High - 8:01 am
- View Story - 7:35 am
Cooper to speak at Committee of 100 event
LUMBERTON — Gov. Roy Cooper will be the featured speaker when the Robeson County Committee of 100 holds it annual meeting on April 11 at the Sou...
Students earn honors for spelling
PEMBROKE — The fifth annual Robeson County Invitational Spelling Bee was hosted by Pembroke Elementary on Thursday. Fifteen students from six sc...
Bass published in national journal
PEMBROKE — Research by James Bass about American Indian college success was published March 21 in the national publication The American Journal ...
UNC Pembroke’s ‘Day of Giving’ nets record 567 donations in 24 hours
PEMBROKE — Thanks to support from the Brave Nation family, the We Are UNCP Day of Giving smashed last year’s mark.In 24 hours, the campaig...
Matthew victims struggle to find rental housing
LUMBERTON — Hundreds of families displaced by Hurricane Matthew still are looking for homes in Robeson County, and local officials are worried t...
Florita now a senior officer for Pembroke
PEMBROKE — Former Pembroke Police Chief Grant Florita reported back to work Friday after a suspension and demotion.Florita was suspended without...
Playing with an edge
RED SPRINGS — Whether he’s snatching rebounds, diving on loose balls, or powering his way to the basket, Eric Graham is relentless on the ...
Fairmont boys stay perfect, Lady Mustangs bounce back
Williams posts double-double as Fairmont boys stay perfectBehind a double-double from Alshaquan Williams, the Fairmont boys basketball team claimed an...
UNC beats Wake despite poor shooting
CHAPEL HILL — North Carolina got away with Marcus Paige having one of his lowest-scoring games because Brice Johnson came through with one of hi...
Pirates, Rams win wrestling events
LUMBERTON — Robeson County had all three of its wrestling teams in action on Wednesday night, with Lumberton and Purnell Swett earning top honor...
Rising to the occasion
ROWLAND — With his team facing a deficit heading into the fourth quarter, Red Springs coach Steve Sinclair pulled his starting guards to the sid...
McGirt off to best start of PGA Tour career
William McGirt is off to the best start of his PGA Tour career as he continues his sixth full season.Despite a lack of practice and time away from the...
Strong reading foundation leads to library career
In March I began my new career as the outreach librarian for Robeson County Public Library. I am delighted to start this new path, especially since re...
Girl Scout troops are forming now in Robeson County
RALEIGH — It’s never too late to be a Girl Scout.As the largest girl-led organization in the world, Girls Scouts has provided transformati...
Off-Broadway’s ‘The Fantasticks’ to close after 21,000 shows
NEW YORK — The off-Broadway phenomenon “The Fantasticks” will end its record-breaking run this spring, bringing down the curtain on ...
Volunteer receives Girl Scouts award
RALEIGH — Crystal Edge of Robeson County has been recognized for her volunteer service by Girl Scouts — North Carolina Coastal Pines at th...
Pembroke native wins crown
PEMBROKE — A member of the Lumbee Tribe will represent the state for the next year as Miss Indian North Carolina.Kayla Jean Oxendine, 26, of Pem...
Photos show time of protests in Robeson County
PEMBROKE — A photographic exhibit that recalls a painful history of civil rights in Robeson County is on display at The University of North Caro...